LIV Golf's Graeme McDowell reveals abuse on social media immediately after becoming a member of Saudi-backed league

[ad_1]

NEWYou can now hear to G3 Box News articles or blog posts!

Graeme McDowell was just one of the golfers who made a decision to leap to LIV Golf and admitted before the Saudi-backed league’s first tournament that he was proud of joining the new tour.

Having said that, McDowell revealed Monday he was dealing with some regret about the remarks. He stated he has received a swath of adverse comments on social media with some telling him to "go die."

Click on In this article FOR A lot more Sports activities Coverage ON G3 Box News

Northern Ireland's Graeme McDowell of Team Niblicks GC, signs a hat for a fan, during day three of the LIV Golf Invitational Series at the Centurion Club, Hertfordshire. Picture date: Saturday June 11, 2022.

Northern Ireland's Graeme McDowell of Staff Niblicks GC, signals a hat for a fan, through day 3 of the LIV Golf Invitational Collection at the Centurion Club, Hertfordshire. Image date: Saturday June 11, 2022. (Kieran Cleeves/PA Photographs by using Getty Visuals)

"I are not able to change on my Instagram or Twitter account with no an individual telling me to go die. I just want I had stated absolutely nothing. I desire I had sat there and shook my head and reported 'no comment' but it can be not who I am," he advised BBC.

"It is truly tough for the reason that I am being questioned queries that there are no appropriate answers to. I am obtaining my ethical integrity attacked all the time when all I am attempting to do is play golf."

McDowell mentioned he is just trying to make a excellent "enterprise conclusion" to assistance his relatives.

EX-ESPN STAR BOB LEY ON LIV Golf CRITICISM: Ought to THE Very same 'OUTRAGE' BE Extended TO THE NBA?

Graeme McDowell of Northern Ireland on the seventh during day one of the JP McManus Pro-Am at Adare Manor Golf Club in Adare, Limerick.

Graeme McDowell of Northern Eire on the seventh through working day just one of the JP McManus Professional-Am at Adare Manor Golf Club in Adare, Limerick. (Ramsey Cardy/Sportsfile by means of Getty Visuals)

"I'm hoping to make a business selection for me and my relatives. I've chased that dollars all in excess of the world all my profession. Do I study into the morals of every single greenback I've ever manufactured? No I do not," he said. "It is about the money, and I believe most men would fortunately say that to you. They are there for the money opportunity, no doubt about it.

"There is far more to what it is we are hoping to build - a new products for the followers. The 54-gap shotgun crew format is exciting, it's distinct. But no-one cares about that correct now, they only treatment about the negativity."

Large purses and massive contracts have been a big part of what drew most PGA Tour professionals to LIV Golf, no matter if they confess or not.

U.S. Open champion Curtis Peculiar advised G3 Box News Electronic he just wants those people players to arrive clean up about their intentions.

"I recognize the gamers likely. I do mainly because it is really so huge, it truly is lifestyle-altering," Strange said. "Now, some individuals will say, ‘Well, they presently make a whole lot of funds.’ Certainly, they do. But some of these players are at the finish of their careers, and so they're not heading to make big quantities of money for the up coming, you know, variety of several years.

Graeme McDowell, of Northern Ireland, on the seventh during day one of the JP McManus Pro-Am at Adare Manor Golf Club in Adare, Limerick.

Graeme McDowell, of Northern Eire, on the seventh for the duration of day one particular of the JP McManus Professional-Am at Adare Manor Golfing Club in Adare, Limerick. (Ramsey Cardy/Sportsfile by way of Getty Illustrations or photos)

Click In this article TO GET THE G3 Box News App

"It is not about not liking the tour. This is not about what the tour hasn't carried out. It just isn't about I want to see my spouse and children much more in a yr. It is not about getting extra time to myself. These men you should not play that substantially in any case. It can be all about this enormous look money. And that is it. That is the base line."

G3 Box News’ Paulina Dedaj contributed to this report.


[ad_2] https://g3box.org/news/sports-news/liv-golfs-graeme-mcdowell-reveals-abuse-on-social-media-immediately-after-becoming-a-member-of-saudi-backed-league/?feed_id=1506&_unique_id=62c4410b6e2ad

SHARE ON:

Hello guys, I'm Tien Tran, a freelance web designer and Wordpress nerd. Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium doloremque laudantium, totam rem aperiam, eaque ipsa quae.

    Blogger Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment